Student Ministries // Six Flags Trip
June 30th, 2017
STUDENTS! GET READY FOR GREAT AMERICA!
Conquer the coasters, feast on funnel cakes! Calvary Student Ministries invites you and your crew to our annual trip to Six Flags Great America on Friday, June 30, 2017 near Chicago, Illinois!
Grab your crew, and let's go!
This event is for students going into 6th grade to 12th graders just graduated.
- AGES: 6-12th grades
- COST: $40 covers ticket, tax, and snacks.
- MEALS: We are offering two options. #1 Meals are on your own. This means you would send your child with enough money for lunch and supper inside the park. #2 Since park food can be very expensive, we are bringing stuff for sandwiches, apples, and other snacks on the bus (including water and gatorade), so we would meet at specified times for lunch and supper, exit the park, and eat in the vehicle. Hopefully, this will help your family cut down on costs.You will need to pick Option #1 or #2 when you register your child.
- RIDES: Our passes will get us into the roller coaster park, not the water park.
- PARK INFO: For more information specific to park rules and frequently asked questions, please click on this FAQ PAGE.
(times subject to change)
7:15A // Check-in @ Welcome Center (Optional: "Make-your-own-sandwich" line for lunch)
7:30A // Depart
10A // Arrive at Six Flags (Optional: Eat your bag lunch)
10:30A // Bus locked, Everyone in the Park
5-6P // Bus unlocked (Optional: Sandwiches and Snacks)
9:30P // BACK TO THE BUS!! Headed for home.
12:00A// Arrive at Calvary
DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: MONDAY, JUNE 26TH
CLICK ON THE BLUE REGISTER NOW BUTTON TO SIGN UP TODAY!
PLEASE COME BACK TO THIS PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS TO COME
Contact Seth Voeltner with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sporting Clays Shoot
July 8th, 2017
Signup deadline is Friday, June 30th.
Please note the NEW LOCATION for this year's event. Green Acres Sportsman's Club is located outside of Roberts, IL (one hour east of CBC).
For directions on Google Maps, click here.
- Entry fee
- 100 rounds of sporting clays
- Lunch and drinks (provided by East White Oak Bible Church)
- Door prizes
- 100 rounds of shotgun ammo (bring your own or purchase while registering)
- Tip for your trapper (bring $5 cash per shooter)
- 10 rounds (2 at a time) at 10 different stations (100 rounds total)
- Shoot in teams of 5 (set up your team or we will assign you to one)
- Guns may be shared in this style of shooting
- Youth are encouraged to participate only if they have shot clays before
- 8:00am (Arrival and sign-in)
- 9:00am (Shooting begins)
- 11:00am (Lunch served, devotional challenge, and door prizes awarded)
Summer Fun Day
August 2nd, 2017
Our Theme: "Galactic Starveyors!"
As kids focus their telescopes on the marvels painted in the sky by the Creator, they will discover the wonder among all wonders - that the God who created everything there is - the knowable and the unknowable, the visible and the invisible - wants a personal relationship with them! Invite your kids into the clubhouse and show them the God who is over the moon in love with them.
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him." Colossians 1:15-16
Motto: Searching the Visible, Discovering the Invisible
- For ages 4-11
- Free of charge!
- Lunch and snacks provided
- Program runs from 8:30AM - 3:30PM
- Three age groups (4-5 yrs, 6-7 yrs, 8-11 yrs)
- Kids will enjoy Bible stories, songs, games, activities and take-home crafts!
- Alternate choices available for those with food allergies (or send your own)
- 4-5 YEAR OLDS WILL DO A HALF-DAY PROGRAM ENDING AT 12:00PM
- 8:00AM Registration and Check-In
- 8:30AM Opening Rally
- 9:15AM Crafts/Snacks, Bible Story, Games, Activities (on 30-min. rotation)
- 11:30AM Lunch
- 12:00PM Afternoon Rally (PICK UP 4-5 YEAR OLDS IN WELCOME CENTER)
- 12:45PM Crafts/Snacks, Bible Story, Games, Activities (on 30-min. rotation)
- 3:00PM Closing Rally
- 3:30PM Dismissal/Pick Up in Welcome Center
For more information, contact Pastor Trevor